Serve with 1 corn on the cob.
1 lb (450 g) grilling steak, such as top sirloin, striploin or ribeye, about 1/2 to 1” thick
1 tbsp + 1 tsp oil, divided
1 bell pepper
1 Japanese eggplant
1 red onion
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Coat both sides of steak with 1 tsp oil; rub in 2 tbsp mix. Let stand to marinate while preparing remaining ingredients.
- Cut pepper into chunky pieces. Cut eggplant on the diagonal into thick slices. Slice onion into thick rings. Cut zucchini on the diagonal into thick slices.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining mix, remaining 1 tbsp oil, and vinegar. Add veggies to same bowl; toss to coat.
- Place veggies on grill; close lid and grill until tender and lightly charred, 6 min per side.
- Once veggies are on the grill, add steak; grill until desired doneness, about 3–4 min per side for medium rare. Remove to a cutting board and let rest as the veggies finish cooking. Slice, and serve with vegetables.