2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts, sliced into 4 fillets
2 tbsp oil, divided
2 tbsp butter
1⁄3 cup white wine, optional
3 tbsp flour
2 cups chicken broth, preferably low-sodium
3 cups milk, half & half, or light cream, divided
3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
3 cups baby spinach leaves
1 cup fresh grated cheese, your choice
Toppings (optional): Better Than Bacon Topper
- Season chicken with 1 tbsp Tuscan Chicken Burger Seasoning and 2 tsp oil. Heat the remaining oil in a large pot or pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and sear on both sides until golden brown, cooked through and no longer pink in the middle. Transfer to a warm plate, tent with foil and set aside.
- To the same pan (don’t wash) add the butter and fry the onion and garlic until the onion becomes transparent, stirring occasionally, about 2 min.
- Pour in the white wine, if using. Add 3 Onion Dip Mix and Herb & Garlic Dip Mix, if desired. Simmer 5 min or until reduction beginnings.
- Stir in flour; allow to cook 1 min. Add broth, 21⁄2 cups milk, remaining 2 tsp Tuscan Chicken Burger Seasoning and bring to a low simmer.
- Add macaroni and stir occasionally as it comes to a simmer. Reduce heat down to medium low and stir regularly while it cooks, about 9–10 min, or until the sauce thickens and the macaroni is just cooked; tender but still firm. Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Take the pan off the stove and stir in the cheese and the Mac & Cheese Seasoning quickly while the pasta is still hot. If the sauce is too thick add the remaining 1⁄2 cup milk, as needed. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Slice chicken into strips and combine with the pasta. Pour any juice left from the cooked chicken plate into the pan.
- Serve immediately. Add topping, if desired.